ASD in IT
Our philosophy for success does not end with developing innovative products or by providing exceptional IT services. We strive to enhance the lives of people who are disadvantaged through disabilities by offering unique and career growing opportunities.
What is Autism ?
Autism, or autism spectrum disorder, refers to a range of conditions characterized by challenges with social skills, repetitive behaviors, speech and nonverbal communication, as well as by unique strengths and differences.
Some facts about autism:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates autism’s prevalence as 1 in 68 children in the United States. This includes 1 in 42 boys and 1 in 189 girls.
- An estimated 50,000 teens with autism become adults – and lose school-based autism services – each year.
- Around one third of people with autism remain nonverbal.
- Around one third of people with autism have an intellectual disability.
- Certain medical and mental health issues frequently accompany autism. They include gastrointestinal (GI) disorders, seizures, sleep disturbances, attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), anxiety and phobias.
I am different, not less… Dr. Temple Grandin
We strive to empower the ASD community in the IT workplace by giving them the appropriate tools to learn, grow and succeed.
Our mission is to serve our community by eliminating challenges faced by ASD individuals.We create the opportunity for the ASD community to grow and succeed in the information technology sector.
ASD Training Program
Using simplified and structured strategies, our training methods compensate challenges by providing 1:1 mentorship from experienced IT professionals and impart knowledge that provides job opportunities at TCG and other IT companies too.
How Can You Help ?
Share our program, become a corporate sponsor for our ASD training programs, or join us by providing work opportunities for ASD members.