CICS System Programmer
Location: Brampton, Canada
Type : Contract
TCG Is seeking candidates with System Administration/System Programming using the following technologies CICS / CICSPLEX
- Proven independent and direct capability at building, configuring, and upgrading CICS Transaction Server regions in a production environment.
- Proficient with associated product installations, applying maintenance, customizing products, configuring products
- Proven problem determination skills demonstrating independence and experience in troubleshooting, researching, and resolving complex issues, showing strong ability to utilize system diagnostics to arrive at problem solutions
Demonstrated strong problem solving skills, including dump reading and use of performance monitors like CA-Sysview.
- Provide 24/7 help desk support
- Understanding of SMP/E concepts and IBM tools for identifying problems and fixes (IBMLink, SIS, ETR, etc.).
- Proficient with SMP/E (commands, terminology, problem determination).
- Build new or clone existing CICS regions to be used in single, MRO or CICSPlex environments
- Use CICSPlex Web-User-Interface to create and administer changes in CICSPlex environments such as transaction route rules and real time analysis
- Create historical reports using Tivoli and SMF data in response to customer inquiries regarding transaction response time, storage & CPU usage, file i/o counts, wait reasons, etc.
- Monitor CICS performance using Omegamon and TMON in response to client calls about transaction response time, storage & CPU usage, file i/o counts, wait reasons, etc.
- Perform upgrade activities required when moving CICS, CPSM or CTG to newer versions or releases
Read and interpret CICS system dumps
- Install, customize, maintain 3rd party products such as Compuware’s Abed-Aid/CICS, Xpeditor, CAFC, MacKinney Batch to CICS, etc.
- Participate in annual Disaster Recovery exercise activities: attending meetings, making CICS resource definition changes, monitoring network swing traffic, etc.
- Research and apply fixes to CICS, CPSM and CTG
- Experienced in independently and directly managing projects of mid and high-level complexity
- IBM Assembler language familiarity, to be able to look at code and dumps and also to work with Exits
Experience on Sun / VERITAS / TSA cluster
- Handling tickets / requests, Adhering to SLAs
- Troubleshooting technical issues, Perform root cause analysis
- Oversees and is responsible for successful completion of Installation, configuration and migration
- Understanding of Multi-geo support environment
- Build and maintain a test environment
- Responsible for strategizing a backup plan and test plan for failure scenario
- Monitoring and maintaining SLA requirements by the team members
- Planning Backup/Restoration Strategy for 24×7 operation support
- Suggesting patches/upgrades to maintain security level
- Testing / Auditing/processes as required from time to time
- Identify Skill gaps and plan for training / knowledge updating